[Dailydrool] Buddy

Sally King sallyemking at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Nov 3 01:53:39 PDT 2012

I know nothing more about poor Buddy than the rest of you - and I feel as sickened as every one of you - but I did just want to say one thing.
Just because Buddy's people aren't all over Facebook and the media, doesn't mean they were in any way culpable, or neglectful.
As a journalist, I have had to talk to families who have had their children, husband, wives, sisters or brothers murdered. People react very differently.
Some want to campaign, make public statements, share photographs of their loved ones and others fall into a black hole of despair and don't even want to talk to police. They just can't deal with it and their emotions just close down.
It may also be the case the police are deliberately keeping the details of how he was taken secret as they think it will help their inquiry.
Let us not be too quick to judge. And frankly, even if their yard wasn't locked, or Buddy somehow got out by himself (most of us have had a dog go on an adventure at some point in our lives), he didn't deserve his end.

Sally, with Rolph and Clara, UK