[Dailydrool] Optic Neuritis

Sally Russell sally at slokr.com
Thu Nov 8 06:00:57 PST 2012

Anyone ever have a dog who had this?  We thought it was glaucoma since
Pixel is blind in her other eye from that awful disease.  However, the
pressure in her new blinded eye is normal and the eye is not dilated and
the eye vet says it is not glaucoma.

Our Browser is totally blind from glaucoma.

She is now on 4 eye drops and prednisone for two weeks every other day.
There is a chance her sight may return to some extent if the retina has not
been damaged.  Her eye vet does not want to dilate her eye in this
condition to examine the retina as she may induce glaucoma that way.

So we wait and hope.  We think she may have some vision as she is seeming
not to bump into things as much as she did a few days before but time will
tell.

Sally Russell