[Dailydrool] 'Matercide

dpmcquade at verizon.net dpmcquade at verizon.net
Sun Nov 11 13:56:25 PST 2012

The evil crime occurred just after Superstorm Sandy ripped through New Jersey. I've been hestitant to report it, because as homes go, this is a nice one. But the depth of this crime could move any 'mater-loving hound's soul. I hope the authorities do not take the mama and lock her up, but if they do, I will understand that she has done the crime and must do the time. I only hope daddy takes good care of us while she is paying for the error of her ways.

Three days after Sandy left a trail of upended trees in our state, a more intentional crime took place. The female human, who had put three lovely potted tomato plants in our front yard in the early summer, willfully cut them down to nothing, removed the roots from the pots, and dumped the dirt in various places around the yard. Then she took the pots and put them in the garage. Our lovely tomatoes were gone!
Did it matter to her that there were still a few small, green tomatoes on the plants? No. She knowingly committed 'matercide. Did it matter to her that two hounds had been joyously feeding on this bounty for months? No. She stripped the plants of the 'maters she wanted and threw the rest away. They now lie in large, brown bags in some recycling pile somewhere.

Worst of all, as we have trained foster Josie on the joys of 'maters and tried to ferret out the few remaining ones from under the plants around them, the mama has pulled us away with the excuse that they are going rotten, and she doesn't want us to get sick.

We all know that humans are clueless, but this goes beyond the bounds of normal cluelessness. When they place the cuffs on mama, I will not be able to stand up for her. Who can forgive the loss of those delectable orbs? Green or ripe, we loved them all. I am not accepting the human's excuse that they had frozen, unfrozen, and refrozen again. They were the tastied thing in the garden, even including the mint plants that Josie loves.

Dexter says he's going to bake a cake and put a file in it, but I say leave her to her punishment.
Holly, spokeshound for the Dashing Bassets