[Dailydrool] Glyco-Flex and Acorn Poisoning [PLEASE READ]

lisa cherry lisacherry66 at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 13 17:21:40 PST 2012

Thanks for the heads up on Glyco-Flex. Boot is allergic to corn and that was recommended to him. As of right now it looks like we will try Petthrive. But, not for a while as he is hospitalized at present due to what we feel is Acorn Poisoning. If you are not aware of the dangers please read the following link. Our vet feels he will be fine...He had thrown up for 24hrs when I dropped him off this am for fluids and x-rays. She gave him a nausea shot last night and it did not stop the vomiting. Fortunately he has stopped vomiting but, refusing chicken broth which means he is still feeling bad because if mine don't eat ...then I know they are really sick. Please keep good thoughts for my boy. He has had a hard past few weeks. He got deathly sick several weeks ago and his calcium levels got dangerous enough for him to spend two days at the Univ. of TN's Vet School. He went up for a Parathyroid Tumor surgery and miraculously got ok and did not need surgery. They could not find anything wrong with him. Now we are thinking it may have been the acorns.  He is so sick. We want him home well. Lisa, Wednesday and Booty http://www.helium.com/items/1900460-the-dangers-of-oak-trees-and-acorns-to-dogs