[Dailydrool] tendon tear?

Danielle L dll1013 at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 15 08:39:14 PST 2012

Does anyone have experience with their basset tearing a tendon in the back leg?  The last couple times I have picked up one of my girls from doggy daycare, she comes out limping.  And when going on walks, she does this hop/skip sorta thing periodically.  Yesterday at daycare I mentioned it to the owner and she watched Ruby and said that it looked like a torn tendon.  You can see that she doesn't like to put a lot of weight on it when just standing.  Then when I picked the girls up, the owner said you need to get a vet appointment to have that looked at.  We have one scheduled for Friday.

Just wondering what the recoup time is? Cost? Is there therapy involved after?  What happens if you don't fix it?  She doesn't seem bothered by it...but I don't want her to be in pain either.

Thanks in advance for any info you can provide!

Danielle