[Dailydrool] Tails of Basset Rescue by Chris Bly

junij123 at aol.com junij123 at aol.com
Mon Oct 8 09:58:30 PDT 2012

Everyone,

I had the distinct honor and pleasure to help Chris edit and publish her book, Tails of Basset Rescue. Through working with her, I discovered the "other side of the coin" of dog ownership. Not everyone is as kind nor caring towards Bassets as we Droolers are. But Chris and Jim are, and then some! Their stories of how they started Western Missouri Basset Rescue and some of the Bassets that they've helped, are helping, on their journey to a safe and happy life, are inspirational!

Her book is not only a revelation, but the 25 vignettes--tails, er tailes--are each a delight to read. They not always have a happy ending but they are poignant and oh, so true. And each one, complete with a full-color photo (taken by Chris) of its subject, reinforces the great work that WMBRI is doing. This is a must have and read for all dog lovers.

So, I urge us all to dig a bit deeper and buy not one, but maybe two or three copies; one for yourself and others as gifts. And urge all your friends to buy a copy, too! All proceeds, of course, go to WMBRI. We'll be supporting a great cause, helping the many Bassets that grace Chris and Jim's home! And, most importantly, it's a great read.

Here is the link to purchase the paperback version:

www.createspace.com/3908320.

It is also available as a Kindle read at:

Tails of Basset Rescue

Cheers and Drools to All,
June
BBF (Best Biscuit Forager) of FrankieBernard
and author of
The Basset Chronicles