[Dailydrool] Reply to Richie

Vickie Zehring bubadog at comcast.net
Mon Oct 8 10:00:07 PDT 2012

I try to keep it short with bassets in general,you know they are going to pick and choose what they listen to,so," NO" is the first word mine learn and that word is not compromised,there is no getting away from it, if I've said it,I mean it,and they know it. I try to reinforce this with those who have puppies from me to use one word and not mix it with a bunch of gobbledy- gook words that will confuse them. Example:Esa ,"NO" don't do that you could hurt yourself. When you get past Esa,"NO". It all pretty much means nothing and "NO" wasn't even heard. On the other hand,my daughter's lovely Pit mix,Angel,knows many sentences,Give Nana (me) a kiss, Papap is coming home, wheres your Dad (Mom),and much more.I think bassets just pick the words that mean they get something good  and to heck with the rest.If it doesn't benefit them what good is it.