[Dailydrool] glucosamine/chondroitin

Beverly Szaton bgszap2 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 03:27:43 PDT 2012

Of all my dogs, Llewis needs glucosamine/chondroitin the most of all.
Every time he gets on it, he gets massive diarrhea.
I am a really slow study.
Turns out he is allergic to fish and anything with fish product in it. This
was figured out in a very scientific way:
I complained to Dr C about it. (Because Llewis ws having problems in the
movement sector and I had taken him in for a laser treatment). I said every
time I give it to him etc etc.
Doc stood there for a moment with his head kind of cocked, and then looked
at me and said
"He's allergic to fish"
an AH Hah!! moment.
Long as I do not use anything with fish he's fine. A little stiff, but
rimadyl works for that. I only give rimadyl when he seems =grumpy and sore.
Eventually I will probably try Adequan on him. I am saving the best for
last.

MomPerson to Nigel,Llewis, Conley and Doc (who could use a sedative, not
something to make him feel better.)