[Dailydrool] Edmond Got a Dog House!

Kimi Ables kimizmail at comcast.net
Mon Oct 15 09:32:37 PDT 2012

First off, we are sending drool to all in need and hope everyone feels better soon!

Edmond loves to be outside, but we live in Oregon and this means lots of rain. Edmond hates the rain. All summer and spring we left the back door open when we were home and he spends his time laying on the grass, tossing toys and chasing squirrels. (He is getting quite good!). The rainy season has started and we hated the idea of Edmond not being able to get some fresh air.

So I searched for a suitable doghouse that wouldn't take up all the cookie money. Plus these long bassets need a little more space. Unfortunately, we couldn't find one.. fortunately my husband's step father is a carpenter! After a trip to Home Depot on Wednesday, Edmond's new doghouse was delivered Sunday night! Its ENORMOUS. I think the final dimensions are 43'' by 58''. It is insulated, weather proofed, the slanted roof has shingles and the door is plenty big for my basset buddy! I was a little worried he would hate is because he doesn't like a crate, but as soon as it was in position, we put a bed and his comforter in there and in he went!

All his toys have made his way into his little house and he is snug as a bug in there. His name is even carved over the door :). I think he would sleep out there if we let him!

Just wanted to share Edmond's weekend.. we aren't very exciting either!

Love and drool,
Kimi & Edmond Dawd

P.S. We found out this week our new addition to the family will be a little boy! I can't wait for them to play together and get dirty and get in all kinds of trouble! Edmond still is unsure about this whole baby thing...