[Dailydrool] Absessed tooth discussion

Ann Hefner anniebh at acsol.net
Thu Oct 18 12:35:55 PDT 2012

My vet also gave antiobiotics for several days before the
extraction to get the inflammation down first and then
continued the antiobiotics after the extraction as well.
Another incident with a bad tooth, was with Lance.  The doc
said he was afraid if he pulled the took his jaw bone would
break because the tooth was still quite attached and he
wanted to wait until the tooth got a little worse before he
did the extraction.  I guess it is a close call when to
extract and when not to.  Our vet does x-rays first. Another
vet I know actually pulled a perfectly healthy tooth from a
friend's basset.  Turned out it was a foxtail in the gum
causing the inflammation.  Had he done an x-ray first he
would have known.
Ann