[Dailydrool] oddness

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Thu Oct 18 13:13:56 PDT 2012

Hello it's Gracie,

My family is interesting.  I would never, ever have believed this was a basset
family, but there were two bassets living here when I got here.  While that's
true, the whole lot of 'em is WEIRD.

Once a week my mommy gives everyone a BATH.   What??? Once a WEEK??  And Snoopy
practically knocks down the bathroom door getting IN.  I am serious, I don't
know what's wrong with him, I've told him it's WEIRD but he sees those towels
and he gets his trot on and he marches right into the bathroom and right into
the shower and it's all that mommy can do to warm up the water before he gets in
there he's WEIRD.  He says he wasn't always like this.  He said something about
someone named Cyrus and got all misty eyed and couldn't talk much about it.
LuLu is almost as bad as Snoopy.  Now me I RUN for it and have to carried into
the bathroom and into the shower, it's a BATH folks, you're gonna get WET and
smell FUNNY and you should be trying to get AWAY.  HELLO??????

And then when we go to the dog park Snoopy is really weird.  We went yesterday
and he was playing chase and acting somewhat normal and all of a sudden he
grabbed a ball and brought it to mommy.  Here's the weird part.  She threw it
away ..... clear across the park.  And Snoopy ran all the way across the park to
get that one particular ball and ran all the way back and gave it to mommy.  And
she threw it away again.  And he went and got that same ball, passed by all the
other ones and went all the way to get that same one and brought it all the way
back to her.  Now, obviously she doesn't want that one, she's thrown it away
twice already and she threw it away a third time ..... and he did it again.

The whole group of them is weird and something is going on and I'm beginning to
suspect that this Cyrus, whoever he was, wasn't even a basset.  They're weird,
all of them.  I love them but they are just plain strange.  Maybe this baby Doc
was related to Cyrus, he sounds kinda weird too.  Ignoring a bunny?  Really?

Love.
Gracoe