[Dailydrool] I Did It!

basetsavr5 at aol.com basetsavr5 at aol.com
Thu Oct 18 14:39:45 PDT 2012

Momma here--first off, Shirley-thank you for the wonderful post-I have had so much comfort out of each e-mail, I would not trade it for the world, but time for responding to them can catch you by the shorts shall we say, and hopefully everyone understands--I need to wrap my head around the bridge reports and I started that at 5am this morning-and hopefully Clara will be thumping soon. That is important to me, and also I thank Barbara for the bridge update that Daisy has arrived-how perfect, Daisy and her lizard--it made me smile.

I had to share something with you all--droolers will be the only ones to understand-----
You all know what I do for a living, cars are a big part of our life, hubby and I both share the interest, I am always on the sniff about something there. Several years ago I bought a BUV-a Honda Element, the perfect dog hauler. It carried Pam and I  to waddles,it went anywhere, never a moment of problem, little devil in perfect shape-

Today I got rid of it. Gone. Done. I could not stand the sight of it-I knew I would never drive it again. The memories of the bad of taking both girls to the final was more than I could bear. I hated it-maybe I blamed it, I dont know, a silly thing really, but in my heart I could not stand to see it in the driveway.
I traded it in on a different BUV, a hopefully gently used one that will carry us well, a new start for us-and I pick up the other one tomorrow. The salesman was also a dog guy, he asked why do you want to get rid of this?? I told him, his face dropped like a rock, the guy was probably the best car salesman we ever had, he made sure it was not in sight when we left.
So, new beginnings, a small step but one in the right direction for me.

Elwood did ask if it knew the way to MacDonalds------go figure.

Drool to all in need

Debbie Winchester
PW, OEBE Elder Clara,