[Dailydrool] St. Charles MO boy in immediate danger

Laura Kessler hounds31 at ymail.com
Wed Oct 24 09:25:47 PDT 2012

We have a 6yr. old male in trouble in St. Charles Mo. Here is what the
shelter told me about him. (She is an experience Basset owner and is
just sick that he may have to be euthd:
"Bandits previous owner allowed him to run loose frequently. According to the
animal control report, the children in the neighborhood would tease him
and throw things at him. While running at large he bit a 9 year old on the
forearm. The bite was treated at home by the parents. I have been
working with Bandit here at the shelter. We temperament tested him and
he was fine with our life size Barbie, even when chased with it. However when backed into a corner he did growl at the Barbie,
which was expected. He also has an issues with food.  I sat with him
with my hands in the bowl and he had no issues eating around my hands.
However, when you approach the food bowl he will stare, and give you a warning growl. After he gave us the warning we
continued to approach and tried to take the bowl of food from, it was
then that he turned his head and bit the fake hand. I think he will be
fine in the hands of someone who has basset experience and no small kids. He is going to need training and someone who is
consistent with him."

I have had several rescues that have
been wonderful hounds come through my house that have started out the
same way...I hate to see him be euthd because no one ever cared enough
to work with him. He's a handsome boy. Please email me right away if you
 have any suggestions. He may be euthd today...

Laura, Moo & Co.
Miss Maggie Moo, Daphne, Freddie "Cocktail" Kessler, Murphy (WTB Golden) and all our loves ATB: Sir Charles Barkalot, Callie O'Malley, Ella Fitzgerald, our big boy Flash and the original WTB Golden...Gunner