[Dailydrool] Speaking of Alphas

basetsavr5 at aol.com basetsavr5 at aol.com
Sat Sep 1 18:52:15 PDT 2012

Oh Boy. Momma here. You know when you loose the alpha, such as Elder Clara was, we watched to see who would step up in the alpha role. We knew it wouldnt be Brudder Elwood, he really is a mellow soul, Brudder Jake was in the running, but oh no---Sister Daisy is now ALPHA in full force here. I would of never thought it as she is so quiet, takes life in stride, not much bothers her.
Enter Bess-the younger.
Bess that is so much like Elwood, she just lives large and keeps on rolling. I give Elwood so much credit as Bess never gives him a break. She thinks nothing of body slamming him, grabs his ears, bites his rumpbones, and he will yell at her from time to time, but mostly he gets on the toliet seat, the couch, somewhere that puts him out of her reach and waits it out.
Bess then tried all this with Sister Daisy. Things didnt work out well and Bess took notes--and learned fast.
Sister Daisy must of enjoyed her new found powers, heck being Alpha, Clara had taught her well.
Sister Daisy took on Jake a few weeks ago-she pounded him, I had to pull her off of him-her lips were up past her eyeballs, and she backed him up, he was stunned.
A few days later, she watched Jake go out the dog door-and she went and sat in front of it, Jake comes in--well he tried, and like a old troll under a bridge, she nailed him again, poor Jake ran and hid behind the kitchen table. All 79 pounds of him. Blasted by a 12 year old Alpha beast. Sister Daisy smiled all day.
Today, Daisy laid in the hall blocking the path, and here came Bess-Miss Alpha laid down the law on how you dont disturb a snoozing hound.
The big Momma Alpha laid down the law about then. Sister Daisy is getting a bit big for her furcoat.
Tonight, Bess got to the perch before Daisy. Curled up and closed her eyes.
Sister Daisy gave me a look and promptly peed on the floor.
There is a alpha in every pack, sometimes the least expected.
Sister Daisy took more notes from Clara than even I knew. She is Alpha here at the Beach.

Debbie Winchester
PW, OEBE Elder Clara,
Elder Sister Daisy, Brudder Jake
 Sister Bessie, The Younger