[Dailydrool] Flying across the country

Cary Riker-Shutt caryriker at gmail.com
Mon Sep 3 17:27:50 PDT 2012

Hi everybody,
I'm an occasional visitor--but always a fan--of the Dailydrool!

My parents are flying from Maryland to Portland, OR with their elderly Basset-Shar-Pei mix dog, Cybele.  They are taking a direct flight, but I'm really worried about Cybele, and was wondering if any of you have any experience with good and bad airlines.  They are thinking of flying Alaska airlines.  Cybele is a tough lady, but she's not a pup anymore.  Has anyone used Alaska for flying with their dogs?
Many thanks for your thoughts!
Cary

Cary Riker-Shutt
Happy Valley Pet Services