[Dailydrool] Grass stained basset hounds

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Sat Sep 8 13:36:19 PDT 2012

Hi all, its the clueless momPerson here,

Am I the only one with grass stains on my basset hound?  It's only the one.
 LuLu.  Snoopy rolls in the grass once in a while but he's real gingerly about
it and usually demands a bath afterwards.  Both he and Gracie will walk in the
grass, run in the grass, play in the grass and then itch for the next 45
minutes.  But not LuLu.

LuLu LOVES tall dark lush green grass.  And nothing makes her itch, nothing.
 She gets bathed every other week or else she smells houndy, but she isn't
really into it.  Snoopy wants a bath twice a week and if I make him wait 10 days
it's itch/scratch/et al nonstop.

So LuLu has been coming in with grass stains.  On her forehead.  On her snooter.
 REAL grass stains that don't wipe off that take up to a week to go away.  I
haven't seen her do it but Greg says she gets rolling around out there and
arches her back and rubs her FACE into the grass too, upside down, and rubs so
hard she gets grass stains.  She seems to like it but we think it's weird.

Of course we know nothing, we're clueless here.   Does your basset hound get
grass stains?

Clueless momPerson who would like to know .......