[Dailydrool] Comfortis oral flea control

LaVerne rrjlfj at cox.net
Fri Sep 14 10:29:53 PDT 2012

Our dog Herky has been on Frontline Plus and then Advantix for flea control.  I have never seen any fleas on him but he does a lot of scratching and is very sore under his arm pits.  Our vet recommended that we switch his flea control to Comfortis pills.  I ordered them today from Doctors Foster and Smith as Pet Meds is out of stock.  Is it possible that Herky has fleas that I cannot detect?  Has anyone had success with Comfortis?  I have been blaming his itching on allergies but have tried no grain dog food and it has not helped him.  The vet gave us some medicated shampoo and we are to give him a bath twice a month in addition to switching to Comfortis.

.