[Dailydrool] feeding question

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Fri Sep 14 10:55:45 PDT 2012

I know this.  I know this!!

Snoopy just had his checkup.  He is down to 68 lbs (from 72).  He wasn't fat
before but my vet is VERY strict on the weight.   He has had some issues with a
limp (which is now gone) and some symptoms of back pain and she wanted 5 lbs OFF
him RIGHT NOW so that's what we did.   I have two others (LuLu and Gracie) who
are puppy mill breeder dogs who have been rescued and needed to pack on the
lbs.  So here is what I do.

I feed all 3 together in the same room on different mats.  Gracie has to gain
the most so she gets mostly kibble with some pumpkin for her anals.  LuLu gets
kibble with some green beans  and pumpking because she is just now (after 6
months) reaching her goal weight.  And Snoopy get some kibble, a TON of green
beans and also a health dose of pumpkin.  They know each others bowls are a
little different, but mostly it's the same stuff so they're ok.

These hounds gets snacks and treats all day long.  Carrots, apples, mellon,
banana, mango, oranges, pineapple, brocolli, you name it, these hounds are
always snacking on something.

And their weight is fine.

More later from the clueless momPerson who notices that the kids snack on the
dogs stuff too.