[Dailydrool] Comfortis oral flea control

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Fri Sep 14 12:36:43 PDT 2012

I am not a vet.  Far be it from me to countermand any vet.

That said, I don't happen to agree with what your vet said.  When my bassets get
itchy under their arm pits I use gold bond powder, as does everyone I know and
mostly that solves it.  I have used hydrocortison  cream too, and that also
worked.

I don't buy the fleas you can't see thing.  I'm thinking fungus (common on
bassets, the gold bond kills it as does the hydrocortison) or maybe mites like
Charlie has.

But, I'm not a vet, I'm the clueless momPerson with 3 bassets.  LuLu never ever
itches ever and she doesn't care.

Snoopy always itches, always and he gets a bath once a week and I watch for red
itchy spots and treat them and at this time he has NONE and no bald spots
either.

Gracie started off as itchy as Snoopy but weekly baths and applications on her
red spots have cleared her right up.

So good luck from the clueless momPerson with various degrees of itcy bassets.