[Dailydrool] The fall fashion line in bassetwear

Val Brewer vlbzwick at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 14 20:48:48 PDT 2012

Bo is wearing doggie t-shirts and tank tops regularly now as he has been getting chest irritation from his not very hairy chest rubbing this and that out-of-doors. I have been surprised that he does not mind at all, and he looks adorable. I especially like his two Venetian gondolier (or French mime) thin striped t shirts. I discovered the secret to fitting him is to get one size smaller than the back length measurements would suggest. That way they are snug and only come past his rib cage (which works since he  has a potbelly) and the necks are small enough that they don't stretch out too much. He is one snappy looking hound. But I'm writing because of something that struck me funny at PetCo. The shirts I selected were $3 apiece from a clearance bin, whereas the ones on the wall were $20 apiece (and not as cute). I asked the salesclerk why the ones I was purchasing were so much cheaper than the ones on the wall. She told me, "Oh, those are the summer
 fashions. The ones on the wall are the fall line". Who would have thought! (Especially here, where most dogs on the island are pitbulls chained outside). Ooh la la. Is anyone still selling those adorable basset berets from a few waddles back?