[Dailydrool] Poisons

Angelika Hastings angelikabrn at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 18 05:50:11 PDT 2012

CBL's recent post was meant as a warning I think to us all- we who may keep poisons in the house and think they are safely put away. Thank God her story had a happy ending.
For anyone who is sitting smug because they don't keep poisons in the house and therefore you think this can't happen to you~ bear in mind that there are many poisons. Most aren't meant to kill anything- they are usually meant to make you feel better and certainly don't come with a skull on the front of the package.
Tylenol- most folks have a bottle on hand- POISON to a dog.
Many prescription meds would be deadly to a dog if they got them.
Cleaning supplies are a biggie. Lots of people keep the minty smelling toilet bowl cleaner right there behind the toilet.
I have a son with epilepsy- these drugs keep him alive- they would kill a dog.
Lots of hound meds here- if taken all at once they could cause death.
Poison has many faces- and I am sure we all do what we can to keep them from curious hounds. Accidents do happen!
off my box, Angelika