[Dailydrool] Frosted Basset hound cookies for Halloween

Valerie vlbzwick at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 19 11:59:27 PDT 2012

Aloha. I wanted to call attention to WMBRI,s cookie spooktacular. I have been making the sugar cookies in the recipe for fifty years (though not in the shape of Basset hounds). This is my mother's recipe and it is without doubt THE BEST sugar cookie out there--crisp, thin, and NOT TOO SWEET. At Christmas my family has them with milk or coffee for breakfast like biscuits. But sweet enough that kids like them and with sugar topping or icing they are sweeter. I am planning to make a tray of Basset shaped frosted cookies for the kids next door for Halloween. And of course I'll make a tray of dog cookies for the hounds. Chris looked all over for a Basset hound cookie cutter and found one. I threw in the potholders because I love that graphic of the Basset hounds wearing sunglasses. Really, this is a gift bag not to be missed--a Basset hound cookie cutter, a bone cookie cutter, two cute hotpads, a dog cookie recipe, and my mother's recipe for the best sugar cookies in the world. Perfect for Halloween, Christmas, Hannukah, and valentine's day (the hotpads have red hearts). Bone appetit. contact Chris Bly. She has a picture on the WMBRI website.