[Dailydrool] Scenting abilities

dpmcquade at verizon.net dpmcquade at verizon.net
Fri Sep 21 08:07:56 PDT 2012

On the blinddogs Yahoo list, there has been some comment on blind dogs inability to scent well shortly after they go blind. It seems to take a while for the scenting to kick in again.

As I thought about this, I connected it to our bassets' scenting experiences. I have noticed that at some times they seem to be better than others. Crisp spring or fall days seem to bring out the need to nose, as does rainfall.

Have Droolers noticed certain times when their dogs' scenting ability seems to peak--or others when they just don't seem as interested in what their noses might sniff out?
Pam, food slave to the Dashing Bassets