[Dailydrool] Scenting abilities

Esther Strom esthermstrom at gmail.com
Fri Sep 21 08:58:57 PDT 2012

Basil is mostly blind (and deaf), as was Waldo the last year or so of
his life. The thing I found/find funny about their scenting ability is
that both of them were able (and Basil still is) to drag me blocks out
of the way on a walk so they can snarf the tiny bite of pizza someone
dropped under a car, or tear apart the (empty) McDonald's bag that blew
out of a trash container because it still smells like fries. But if I
toss a treat at them and have it drop more than an inch from their nose,
and they go around in circles trying to find it.

-Esther, Basil, and Waldo ATB