[Dailydrool] Dear Sister Gracie

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Sun Sep 23 21:33:56 PDT 2012

My dear Sister Gracie,

I am writing in answer to your query regarding "konking."  I do understand your
confusion.  Konking is not a basset behavior per se, rather I learned it from
Cyrus.  He had a great big ole blocky head and if anybody got out of line he
smacked them with the side of it and that settle that.  Right then and there!
 Worked at the dog park, worked in the home, worked period.  And the konking
receipient always gets up and walks away (sooner or later).  As you know Cyrus
left us for the bridge on the 1st of August in the early morning and so I have
taken over Konking responsibilities, anybody that gets out of line gets a knock
in the noggin.  I have modified Cyrus technique for the, er, shall we say
vertically challenged and it goes like this .....

1)  Open your mouth wide
2)  Aim at either the middle of the snooter or else the middle of the top of the
head
3)  bring your whole head down fast and SMACK the spot you were aiming at with
your jaw bone (not teeth, you should distribute the blow across teeth, no teeth
should go into the konkee because in a proper konking no mark is left at all)

As a side note you should be careful about how much force you use until you
master konking.  Cyrus occassionally konked someone who humped him at the dog
park too hard and the poor doggie got up shaking his head and obviously seeing
stars so be careful until you have some experience ..... and if you are very
upset be careful too.

Happy Konking.

Love,
LuLu