[Dailydrool] Disobedient MomPersons

dpmcquade at verizon.net dpmcquade at verizon.net
Wed Sep 5 12:57:04 PDT 2012

Dear Bev:
When you find the way to make a basset stop giving orders, please let me know. Holly carries on as if I were starving her when I shut her out of the kitchen and begin to make the hound meals. You'd think she had gone to drama school when you hear the vocalizations she comes up with, and if Dexter tries to get near the gate, her objection is ear shattering.

Dexter came to us a very shy fellow who never did anything wrong. As we near a year since we picked him up at Tri-State's kenneling vets', he has begun to believe that he has the right to order me around at will, especially when he wants to go out or eat.

Here I thought that the newest hounds were an improvement on the old ones, since they were not as bossy. But time has changed all that. I am an abysmal failure at telling any dog what to do, and I have no hope. Even the dog at the bottom of the pack has every right to rule over me, according to these two, and I have no say at all.
Slave Pam, ruled by the Dashing Bassets