[Dailydrool] Bounder Samuel gives us gray hairs

Wendie Prince houndsabound at cfl.rr.com
Tue Apr 2 16:08:03 PDT 2013

So, after we let Floyd go last night,  Pat was going to go by the store
before heading home, but I asked her to run by home to check on Sammy, as he
was puking when I had to leave with Floyd for the apt.   I should have
trusted my gut and brought Sam with us.  Pat called me and Sammy's belly was
hard and distended.  Crap, bloat!.  She hauled him to the vet and I started
to head back in also.  I called Diane R,(FFrogger at aol.com on here) who lives
down the street from the vet, (her vet too)   and she was able to go be with
Pat till I got back, for support since we were feeling a bit fragile.
Sammy did not bloat as far as stomach twisting,  but did in the fact that he
had a LOT of gas in his body/intestinal track.  They did x-rays, gave a pain
injection and also some anti-nauseous med, along with sub q  fluids.   When
we got him home, I put a full bottle of Little Tummies down him to help with
the gas.  I am down to 3 bottles,  need to pick up some more!

Anyhow, he is doing good today, I stayed home to watch him.  We did go back
in for more fluids and blood work.  He is not eating or drinking by himself,
so am syringing some ID in him.  Last night's blood work ruled out
pancreatitis.   We are also checking his enzyme levels as when he woke me up
around midnight (I slept with him on the airbed) he had a couple odd
spasms..for lack of a better word.  I think he might have had a short
seizure. His head went to the left and his body tightened up,  did it about
3 times and then he was wanting his left ear scratched.   When I mentioned
it to the vet today, she said she saw him do something odd last night that
did not repeat while he was there,  that was similar.  But it was very
quick, so she almost thought she really didn't see what she now believes she
did see.

OK, if you are still with me,  will let you all know what the results are
from the blood work, and how he is doing.  I have always been against
coloring my hair, but these guys are sure pushing me that way!

(I am not a writer, sure hope this makes some sort of sense)

Drool to all in need tonight!

wen and the Bounders

 <http://www.seniorhoundsabound.org/> www.seniorhoundsabound.org    check us
out!