[Dailydrool] Splenectomies

Beverly Szaton bgszap2 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 6 05:12:00 PDT 2013

I may be wrong about this but in the many years I spent working at the
Vetspital, I saw a lot of splenectomies. The vast majority went off without
a hitch and gave the dog some comfortable time, plus it eliminated the very
real probability of the spleen rupturing and the dog dying just from that,
silently, unknown to you.

I judge what I suggest in great part by what I would do in the same
situation.
I'd go for it.
Even with a 12 yr old, I'd do it.

There are no guarantees, no promises. We just do what we can and hope, is
all.

MomPerson to Nigel, Llewis, Conley and Doc