[Dailydrool] Precious

Chris Bly jbly1 at kc.rr.com
Mon Apr 8 12:18:56 PDT 2013

Precious is the blind dogWestern Missouri Basset Rescue got the day before Christmas. She had been in the pound since Thanksgiving and she was the only dog North Kansas City pound had they thought she would be easily adopted but no one seemed to want a blind dog so they called us the day before Christmas and told us she would be all alone for a few days because they were shutting down for the Holidays and asked if we had room to take her into rescue.
My heart broke thinking about this poor girl sitting all alone for days in a cage waiting for someone to help her.
My husband and I got in the car immediately and drove to get her and bring her home to the rest of the Basset rescue crew. She was thin but clean and while the animal control took good care of her she was still alone most of her time there. She was so grateful to be rescued.
We took her to the vet immediately and at that time her eyes had normal pressure so no glaucoma but she is definitely blind both corneas now lay in the bottom of her eyeballs and her eye pressure though stabilized then made both eyeballs bulge.
The left eye had always been bigger than the right eye but that changed the last couple of days all of a sudden we noticed her right eye is bulging out further than before. We took her to the vet just a few minutes ago and her pressure in that eye is 38. It should be around 10-14.
So now Precious needs her right eye removed and we set that up for Friday the first available date our vet could get to her. I know things are still rough for many and the economy while recovering is still tight but donations would be much appreciated. We have a Pay Pal button on our website at http://wmbri.org