[Dailydrool] things to chew on

Diana Grove dianaegrove at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 22 03:48:43 PDT 2013

I am not sure if there is an equivalent in the US, but in Ireland and the UK we can get pieces of deer antler http://www.puredog.co.uk/ and also Amazon.
Rooney quite likes them, chews occasionally.  Sophie does a good half an hour every morning.  She has been working on a large one for about two months now, and it will have to be replaced soon.  She has jaws like hydraulic rams and can get through rawhide in moments.
I have no affiliation with the company, but love the thought that the antlers are shed naturally and the hounds love them.  They are quite expensive at the outset, but we're getting good value (and sparkling teeth as well!)
Diana.