[Dailydrool] From castoff to Champion-Princess's aka PACH CT-ATE CT-ATCH Lucas's Definitely a Diva PAX2 MXPS MJPG MXP5 MJP7 NFP NA NAJ NF story

Lisa Lucas flyinbufie at gmail.com
Wed Apr 24 12:40:12 PDT 2013

Princess, my shy, fearful "squirelly-girlie" earned her Preferred Agility
Champion title (PACH) in March. She is the first basset hound to achieve
this title in AKC, was the first basset hound to earn an AKC PAX, PAX2, and
the CPE CT-ATE. She has qualified for AKC Nationals once, and participated
in 2 AKC Invitationals.The purpose of this is not to brag about my
wonderful team mate, but to share her "Rags to Ribbons" story and what
wonderful family members rescue dogs can be.

Princess came into my life via Wendi Pencille and ABC Basset Hound Rescue (
www.nybasset.org) in February of 2007. Due to unfortunate circumstances
with her family, she was left to her own devices, locked in a laundry
room/confined to a tie out/run for almost 3 years of her life. Although
they loved her, health issues prevented them from giving her the attention,
care and socialization she needed.

When Princess joined our family, she cowered and basically went flat in
public. No one could look at her, and much less touch her. She was sound
sensitive and easily overwhelmed. There were very few people she trusted.
We started agility with her with no expectations-to build her confidence,
bring her out of her shell, and show her the world wasn't a scary place.
This little dog has accomplished things I'd never dreamed of and has a
heart the size of Texas. She's proof positive that 'Rescues CAN DO'

To celebrate Princess's amazing accomplishments, we are raising money for
her "alma mater" ABC Basset Hound Rescue's Spring Basset Blast. We want to
help ABC and give back for the wonderful family member they brought to us.
ABC is a 501c3 not for profit organization dedicated to rehoming abused,
abandoned and unwanted basset hounds across NY State (Buford is also an ABC
alum). What better way to help us celebrate Princess's amazing journey than
to donate to ABC to help ensure that other homeless dogs-whether they be
future agility champions or champion nappers, have a second chance at a
forever home. Please consider sponsoring us-no amount is too small.

Please take a moment to visit the below link, read Princess's story and
watch her PACH run....all of this made possible by Wendi Pencille and ABC
Basset Hound Rescue
http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/lisa-lucas/abc-basset-hound-rescue-spring-blast-2013

--
--