[Dailydrool] Whoops, how embarrassing

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Tue Apr 30 13:32:44 PDT 2013

Hi it's Gracie,

It was by mistake I SWEAR.  I never, ever would have done it on purpose.  Gosh I
still feel so bad.  You see ......

Natalie got straight As on her report card.  Again.  And mommy never has to bug
her or ask her or help her or tell her or anything.  She just gets As in
everything all by herself with no help at all.  And she takes very hard classes
and extra classes and all kinds of stuff and mommy and daddy were so proud they
told her she could have anything.  And she wanted a pogo stick.   Not just any
pogo stick.  A really special pogo stick.  One that can jump 4-6 FEET in the
air.  She promised mommy she would wear her helmet.  So mommy ordered her the
pogo stick.  And it took a long time but it finally came yesterday.  Natalie was
jumping almost that high even before she opened the box, I don't even know why
she needs the stick.  Mommy and Daddy were outside when the box came.  So
Natalie dragged the box inside and opened it up and the pogo stick had a lot of
parts.  Most of them were attached but apparently you have to do special things
to set up the stick, how tall it is and how high it can jump and how many of the
whatsits are engaged and so on.  Natalie wanted to set it up for a Novice at
first but it was all so confusing and complex so she SET DOWN THE INSTRUCTION
MANUAL on the couch right on top of my blankie right next to me and went outside
to get mommy and daddy.  Apparently instruction manuals are made out of paper.

It really was it was even crinkly paper and she set it down right next to me and
walked away and I was only going to crinkle it once, really I only wanted one
crinkle but then it was two crinkles and then part of it was sticking to the
roof of my mouth and the next thing I knew it was in a million itty bity pieces
all over the floor (what I didn't swallow) and Natalie was standing there with
daddy and both of their mouths were making a big O shape and not a sound came
out of either one of them, they just stood there looking at me and the very
complicated and partially assembled pogo stick and what was once the
instructions and making a big O with their mouths .... and a bunch of water
welled up in Natalies eyes ..... and then mommy came.

And mommy said whoops, let's see if they have a pdf online.   I don't know what
a pdf is but I know it is NOT paper and I know you cannot accidently chew it up
by mistake.  Luckily.   And then mommy said "yep, sure enough, the manufacturer
has the pdf online."   And it was in color and it was bigger than the paper one
and it was easier to read and understand and you could search back and forth in
it and they had that pogo stick all set up in no time and Natalie was bouncing
and bouncing out on the back patio wearing her helmet shouting "NO SNOOPY, get
BACK, No Snoopy, MOMMY get you PLEASE get Snoopy ....."

The bouncing went on for a long time and she never did bounce on Snoopy but she
won't let him try the stick either and he is thinking of causing it to go
missing so he can curate it.  I still feel kinda bad even though it was all a
mistake and I would never ever have done it on purpose.

More later from Gracie who ate the instructions by accident I SWEAR