[Dailydrool] Talking Bassets

Vicki Kerns vickikerns at gmail.com
Mon Apr 8 08:54:48 PDT 2013

My Cleo, 12 (who is a French Basset - but I don't hold that against her)
has never once howled. Sometimes I tell her that she's not really a hound
dog. My Pongo was my talker/singer. I could arrooooo at him a couple of
times and he'd be off and running. Cleo never joined him. She'll bark but
has never howled. She also makes these little mumbling noises when she's
trying to tell me something important. Now Quincy, as yet, hasn't thrown
his head back for a good old howl, but he shifts into a kind of arrrooooo
howl when he's barking. I've tried to bait him into howling but it hasn't
yet worked (he's 2).

--
Vicki Kerns

  ~≈≈~

  //^ ^\\
(/(_•_)\)
 _/''*''\_
(/_)^(_\)  ~  "Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole."