[Dailydrool] Arthritis Treatments

Jennifer Martin timandjenmartin at gmail.com
Wed Apr 10 04:44:30 PDT 2013

Adequan is wonderful for arthritis!  I have used it on several dogs with
great success. I will say it didn't make any difference in Banshee ATB, but
it has helped 5 others.  My current arthritis protocal is: adequan shots
once a month, phycox in the morning, dasuquan at night and tramadol as
needed.  Beauford also gets a laser treatment once a month.  I also use
fish oil on his food.

The adequan is a shot that in the beginning is given every two days and
then tapers down to once a month.  The phycox and dasuquan are over the
counter supplements.  I can of course get the fish oil over the counter.
 The tramadol is prescription.  Ihave had extremely bad luck using NSAIDS
long term.  Beauford doesn't tolerate them at all.  For the record,
Beauford is 4 years old with severe hip dysplasia and crooked little front
feet.

Jennifer, mom person to Beauford, Bugsey, and Browyn the Fairy Princess