[Dailydrool] Weird dog treat

Riche Churchill buglr at blomand.net
Sat Aug 3 21:11:23 PDT 2013

Has anyone else noticed the latest Walmart "treat" (price unknown) that
consists of a vaguely T-bone steak shaped piece of WOOD? One piece.
About a quarter-inch thick, smaller than average hand: "For the dog who
loves to chew wood."

We have a dog who loves to chew wood, but it's not something I'm
thrilled about or want to encourage and, in any case, THAT treat would
last about 10 seconds. She's already destroyed two custom-built wooden
dog houses and a door frame (as high as she can reach). It would
undoubtedly be cheaper to just give her a 2x4 than that "treat."
Besides, she'd probably swallow the "treat" (as I suspect it might be
meat-scented or something) and I don't think she swallows the wall
framing, dog houses, partitions... just gnaws. Like a beaver. Hmmmn...
we have some "trash trees" we want cut down... maybe we could tie her to
them and let 'er rip?

Have treat manufacturers gone insane or think we have or already are?
Well, maybe, but not THAT insane, surely?

Riche