[Dailydrool] Loss of Appetite

Beverly Szaton bgszap2 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 6 06:25:34 PDT 2013

If this were my dog, and I am a total freak about that "something's wrong"
feeling-- here is what I would do:

1. Get him to the Vet and have bloodwork done especially thyroid but do a
full panel.
2. Get an x-ray of his belly, and his back
3. Have the Vet check his teeth and throat
4. Have the Vet check his ability to place his feet correctly-- called
"conscious proprioception" this is one of the most important things you can
learn to do at home for a Basset. (or any dog breed prone to back problems.)
ANY hesitation on the dog's part to replace the feet correctly is a big red
flag-- don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

This is just what I would do, but as I say I have learned to pay close
attention to the feeling that my dog is "off" even when I cannot pinpoint
it. It's never cheap, but it's better than ignoring things and learning
what was wrong when it is too late. I learned the hardest way possible.

Good luck, keep us informed.

MomPerson to Nigel (red flag: ignored)  Llewis, Conley & Doc