[Dailydrool] Loss of appitite

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Tue Aug 6 20:22:25 PDT 2013

Hi Sally,

RUN, don't walk to the vet.  This happened to my LuLu Belle.  The WORST part was that sad, sad look on her face when the bowl went down.  I spotted "the look" IMMEDIATELY, same thing happened to Cyrus (ATB) when the broke a molar.  He wanted that food so bad .... but he couldn't eat it ..... breakfast he wouldn't touch, he was so hungry by dinner he'd eat but it was SO hard ...... so I RUSHED LuLu to the vet.  But she said there were no broken teeth.  We did blood work and nothing ...... so she said "Dale, then we do a dental."  We did the dental and LuLu is just SO happy and playful and laughing at us all and running up and down the hall and wrestling with everybody .... she had sore gums if you can believe it!!!  The vet has us brushing every day now and she's fine.

Here's another test ..... put 3/4 cup boiling water on his food and wait at least 5 minutes till it cools and then give it to him.  If he wolfs it down (like he does people food) you know for sure it's teeth and he needs very soft food until you get it fixed.  The very hot water turns kibble into MUSH in nothing flat.

Good luck and slurps and drool to Rolf!
--DAle