[Dailydrool] Help and Suggestions Needed

Marie Campbell moonlitlily1212 at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 6 10:17:01 PDT 2013

Hi Basset Folk,
    I received a call Saturday afternoon informing me that one of my best friends of 13 years, Susan DeWitt, was found dead in her home with her 10 dogs.  She was only 56 years old and had died on Thursday afternoon after she had gotten home from work and had let the dogs out.  It was three days before she was found.  Her friend, Monica, called the sheriff's office when she did not show up for an appointment.  The dogs guarded her body when help arrived and all dogs were safely transported to a local vet.
    Susan died without a will or insurance as far as we can tell.  Her sister is releasing her dogs to her friends' care.  I bred the three Newfs so they will come and live with me along with a 10 year old coon hound with only one eye.  Two of the Newfs are elderly--Ellie is 12 years old and Monty is 8 years old--the youngest Gabbie is 6 years old and you know about Walter, the coon hound.
    Here is the problem--Susan loved in Montana and I live in Florida.  I am seeking advice and help on how to get these dogs here.  Susan, had led me to believe that she had a will and a life insurance policy that would provide for her dogs care and transportation.  Neither has been found.  Of the 10 dogs, only 4 more need to be placed--a Newf/Rotweiler mix, a lab, a plot hound, and a kelpie/Australia shepherd cross.  The gals/friends in Montana are going to place those.  The Newfs needs to be here with me -- their sisters are here waiting for them and I am happy to have them back after all this time.  I am also happy to take Walter as he is considered unadoptable and would most likely be put to sleep.
    Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  Susan spent her live training dogs and rescuing them.  It is only fair that we honor her by caring for her dogs.
Thank you,
Marie Campbell

Man Plans ~ God Laughs