[Dailydrool] Ben

DDropp at aol.com DDropp at aol.com
Wed Aug 7 17:09:18 PDT 2013

Ben gave me a real scare this afternoon.  He was sitting on the couch,  and
all of a sudden, he started to lick the air with his tongue.  Just
sticking the tongue out, and attempting to lick the air.  He thin got off  the
couch and started licking the rug, just incessantly.  This continued to  the
floor.  Took him outside, and wanted to eat grass.  This lasted  for about 15
to 20 minutes.  I called the vet, but had no opening, but did  call back.  By
the time she called he had settled down.  Then a short  time after the vet
called, he did some barking at a dog on the street, and  started again.  So
I recalled the vet, but by time she called back, he  had stopped.  That time
he only did it for about 20 seconds.  He has  been quiet for almost 2 hours
now.  The vet thinks he may have an upset  tummy, and said to bring him in
tomorrow if he should continue it.  He has  done this before, but not for so
long.  Also he hasn't done this for  some time now.  Wish I knew what it
was.

Douglas