[Dailydrool] Hawk .... LEAVE IT LEAVE IT !!!!

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Sat Aug 10 18:49:16 PDT 2013

Hi it's Dale, still trying to catch my breath,

We were sitting out back on the patio, Greg and I.  All 3 hounds lounging on the rug all around us.  We were talking and Snoopy was squeaking a toy and this shadow came swooping out of the sky and crashed into the living room picture window and fell right into the adoirondak chair on the patio and stood there all confused.   Oh my dead G-d!  A Hawk!!!!!

Well I know 2 things, one is that these dogs will go after a bird and the other is that a Hawk can cut a dog to shreds and this is definately a hawk, meanwhile he goes to jump down off of the chair, takes a tumble, rights himself and starts running across the yard.  Running.  Holy cow he's running not flying and 3 bassets are giving chase with me in the rear shouting NO, leave it, leave it, no no no no no no .... I manage to grab Gracie but Snoopy and LuLu are hot on his tail ..... literaly ....... when he spreads his wings and flaps and clears the fence.

I am going into the kitchen now and look for some wine.  Oh my dear G-d.

More later from the clueless momPerson who KNOWS she just had a real close call