[Dailydrool] Off behavior

Bambi McLeskey bassetslave at gmail.com
Sun Aug 11 16:51:22 PDT 2013

Hey guys. My little man drake has epilepsy. He is on pheno and doing well with it. Just took him Monday for his checkup and he was showing perfect levels. Since Wednesday he has been a little funny but now I'm worried. It's like he's a totally different dog. Won't play, won't eat, won't "talk" nothing. He is slow moving and doesn't care to be touched. It struck me today that there might be a neighbor dog in heat? I keep hoping its something minor. He threw up his dinner Friday night and hasn't eaten since then, not even chicken and rice. It was really hot here, 105+ for two days this week and he had to stay outside but he had water shelter shade and everything. I know it was yucky hot. But he's just not himself, not right. Not my little trouble maker at all. I can't afford to take him to the vet right now. I would be lucky to afford to use a pay phone right now. Is the possible neighborhood dog in heat theory completely off base? I've never had a female dog before.
Very stressed nervous upset and confused mommy.
Bambi
—
Sent from Mailbox for iPhone