[Dailydrool] Off Behaviors

Jennifer Martin timandjenmartin at gmail.com
Mon Aug 12 04:23:48 PDT 2013

I would be VERY worried about heat stroke.  I don't think it is the bitch
in heat.  I am with Bev on this.  Bugsey's sister Pebbles lives with her
dad and half brother.  All three of them are show dogs and intact.  When
Pebbles is about to come into heat, they have to pack up the boys and take
them to Grandmom.  They didn't the first two times and no one got any
sleep.  Rocky was obnoxious.  He bayed and danced non-stop.  Junior was not
much better.  It was horrible.  They actually decided to neuter Junior.

If Drake really cannot come inside when it is that hot outside, can you
freeze some 2L bottles or whatever and give them to him so he can try to
stay cool?  I know this is what we use to do when I was raising rabbits in
Texas.  That is very hot to have a basset outside.  I would also worry
about the dose of the medication, like Bev.  You are describing symptoms of
not only heat stroke, but an overdose of pheno.

Call the vet!  Good luck.

Jennifer of Beauford, Bugsey, and Browyn the Fairy Princess