[Dailydrool] Un basset francais!

Mary Wilson mary.gabriola at gmail.com
Mon Aug 12 13:05:43 PDT 2013

Paddi and Vern will be horribly jealous to learn that today, in Strasbourg,
France, I met A Basset! I think since he was in France he is truly an
original model. I spoke to his person, and explained that two bassets have
me in Canada, but that they are tricoloured. (This handsome fellow was
brown and white.) His person assured me that he in fact is tricoloured, and
when I looked closely I could see that there was a bit of black on his
back. Sort of. But apparently more on his belly. I could not demand a look
without both basset and owner getting alarmed.

He is an absolutely beautiful fellow of five years, and his name is Diablo.
He may indeed be named for the devil, but he had the usual angelic basset
appearance. What a treat to encounter him! I don't suppose his person is a
drooler, because if he was he would surely have spoken English to avoid my
French -- mais, si il est la, bounjour monsieur! Et bonjour encore Diablo!

Mary
without Vern and Paddi
and spotting Bassets happily in France