[Dailydrool] Bee sting story

Vicki Kerns vickikerns at gmail.com
Thu Aug 15 13:16:29 PDT 2013

Reading all the different posts about various bee stings with your hounds
reminded me of a very funny story from many years ago. My late mom had this
little basset/beagle mix named Rastus, and at the time, mom had this huge
nest of bumblebees that were nested somewhere under our back porch (it was
a slab house with a crawl space). These bees were pretty aggressive as the
entrance to their nest was close to the back door. My mom would stand
sentry with a rolled-up newspaper and a can of Raid. She would wait until
the bee was trying to squeeze its fat little body into the hole in the
wall, then she would spray it with Raid, knock it to the ground with the
newspaper, and then squish it. It was quite a funny sight.

This one summer day, mom & I were out in the backyard with little Rastus
and all of a sudden this bumblebee starts dive bombing us. I grabbed the
newspaper and was trying to shoo it away from my mom and we ran away from
it. All at once, I heard this Yipe, Yipe, Yipe, Yipe, and I looked at
little Rastus who was running around in circles with a bumblebee stinging
him in the butt. And this bee was hanging onto him! So crazy me is chasing
around after Rastus, spraying him in the butt with the Raid, and trying to
swat the the bee off with the newspaper. Poor little Rastus, not only did
he get stung in the butt, but this crazy lady is chasing him with a
newspaper!!! When the bee fell off, I picked up the little guy and cuddled
him! It probably scarred him for life!

Healing drool & prayers to everyone in need.

--
Vicki Kerns

  ~≈≈~

  //^ ^\\
(/(_•_)\)
 _/''*''\_
(/_)^(_\)  ~  "Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole."