[Dailydrool] Alarm systems

CHRIS jbly1 at kc.rr.com
Wed Aug 21 18:38:44 PDT 2013

One of the funniest things that ever happened to me was a man coming door to
door in the neighborhood selling an alarm system. I had to have him walk
back halfway down the driveway to hear what he was selling over the 20
hounds inside my house barking their heads off because they had a new person
come to the house and they were all yelling pet me! Pet me! After I figured
out what the man was selling I said do you really think I need an alarm
system? He said a lot of your neighbors have been robbed.... that is true
every house on our block has been robbed except the crazy hoarder lady that
lives up the street and us but why do you think that might be??? ( with a
pet me pet me serenade continuing in the background) He just continued onand
said " well we are offering a great deal" I finally just told him I have
enough security I told him I have 20 bassets in the house and several would
tear his head off if he stepped inside so he swiftly started retreating off
of our property. Really I do have three biters but tear his head off I doubt
it but still I just could not believe he actually thought I needed an alarm
system... I already have one.