[Dailydrool] Heartbroken in Fresno

Judy Berryhill jbzmail64 at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 22 00:23:31 PDT 2013

Today, we had to put Archie down and my heart is broken. He was in extreme pain and had stopped eating, we thought it was his arthritis that was diagnosed in April. The x-ray Wednesday revealed his hip joint was eaten up with cancer. The Vet said it was a very aggressive type and had probably metastasized already. I was totally devastated, I still can't believe it. He was in such pain that he didn't even want me to hold him when they gave him the IV. I will never have another dog with such a sweet personality, he never gave me 1 minute of trouble, he was everybody's friend.
I want to thank all of you Droolers who have responded to my requests over the years. You always came through for me and Archie, and I will never forget your heartfelt encouragement when I needed it the most. As much as I love this breed, I won't be getting another one, I'm too old to go through this again, and no one can ever replace my Archie.
Please give your houndies a special hug for Archie and me and treasure every day you have with them.
Judy Berryhill in Fresno