[Dailydrool] Pancreatitis food and anal glands

Leah McConnell leahkmcconnell at gmail.com
Wed Aug 28 22:15:22 PDT 2013

When Maggie was recovering from  a bad bout of pancreatitis we put her on
Royal Canin Vet Lo Digestive food. It got her bad to normal and she stopped
having digestive issues. Pebbles is on it now for her acidy stomach and has
reduced her morning vomiting.

Pebbles is in seventh heaven with all the blackberries she is scoring on
walks. There is now a plum tree that is fruiting so she is checking the
ground for fallen fruit.

I gave her a bath for the first time on Sunday. Before that she went to a
groomer but money is tight so I decided to do it myself with help from her
Uncle Mark. Leave it to an old show dog to just stand there and behave. I
told a friend and she asked about the nails and anal glands that get taken
care of by the groomer. I do her nails myself - she is very good and gets a
treat for each foot. She has no anal gland problems so is it necessary to
have them expressed? Maggie was my anal gland problem girl and was in the
vet's every 4-6 weeks so I know what to look for.

Drool to all in need

Leah momslave to Pebbles the Tuckleberry (Blackberry) Hound and Maggie ATB