[Dailydrool] a bunch of things, and maybe a great idea

Valerie vlbzwick at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 30 21:31:18 PDT 2013

Aloha all,
  don't know how others are doing-- I'm feeling a little overwhelmed. I'm feeling so sad about all the cancers (literally) plaguing our loved ones. Debbie, Dawn, we in Drool-land are slobbering. Please see Donna Funk's post to help out Dawn  contAct  Bev Szaton ( with a plot) to cheer on Debbie.. And  then there is the hound contingent. Elsinore and JP we love you. Boudreaux, we're with you. Oh, golly, and there are more that are not on the tip of my tongue. It makes me short of breath.
  and then there are so many also needing cheering. Marlene, hang in there. Hershey, we will miss you. Jonathan and Doug are so much better than I remembering everyone than I. I am glad the San Diego puppy is improving. Please forgive my oversights as I'm typing this hastily before I'm out the door.
  the Bridge must be in MardiGras spirit with so many new arrivals.
  So, I had a bunch of ideas. ("Keep on think in', Butch' that's what you're good at").
  1. How about a holiday bazaar for the Minor League Teams ( the rescues that have no shops or events or waddles)-- like BARCSE, Western Missouri, San Diego, Montana, South Florida -and I know there are more, currently in particular need because of sudden vet bills that exceed their budgets.
  In my vision of this bazaar, each of us would either raid our stashes for goodies, or else create one craft item ourselves ( a painting, a quilt, a wood cut-out, a hotpad) and place it on Houndsbay with proceeds to the little rescue of our choice or from a list. the auction period could be a specified time in time for Christmas but not competing with other major Rescue events. (Need a little help here--something like the last week in November and the first week in December.) We could all Christmas  or Hannukah or Festivus shop from the auction, with proceeds to benefit so many in need. What do you think?
  2. SewerS-- that's as in folks who sew, not tunnels for waste removal. What about a group quilt to be auctioned and proceeds to the rescue of the highest bidder's choice? I know there are a lotzof quilters in our group and seamstresses and even more people who have a rescue T-shirt or two they could spare. If Droolers could send me a  ten inch by ten inch square of something cotton pertaining to bassets (a quilt square you make, or a front of a T-shirt, or a swatch of Basset fabric' or an old swatch of something with a Basset embroidered on it)'  I bet I could make it into a great quilt. I'd be happy to do this.
  so, these are my ideas, and I'm late to an appointment, so Id better close and get moving--what do you think?
  Love from Hawaii, Val, Bo, and Harley