[Dailydrool] Tramadol coating???

AWoodrum awoodrum at clear.net
Wed Aug 7 20:07:55 PDT 2013

No, the problem is if you have to break the pills in half, then the outer
coating is breached and the evil, nasty taste gets out.  Holly has to take
half pills, so did Gracie, and Holly is Miss Picky, she hates everything.
No peanut butter, no cream cheese, no to almost everything.  Except cat
food.  But if the Tramadol pill (not other pills, just Tramadol) isn't
completely covered by cat food before it goes down, she spits all of it out,
won't touch the cat food, and jumps up and leaves the room.

I made a tiny bit of glaze with water, butter and powdered sugar this
afternoon and dipped 4 half pills, then put them on a bit of waxed paper to
dry.  She just took the first one in cat food along with an allergy pill,
and she took her time eating her pill-filled cat food glob, but she
definitely ate it all, including the half Tramadol pill.  We'll see if it
continues to work for the other three halves, but I think we may have a
winner here.

Anita Woodrum
awoodrum at clear.net