[Dailydrool] Baths

jacquelynn chazey aerogator27 at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 18 18:49:14 PDT 2013

I have to chime in on this because a few of the hounds are over due.  Before JP had is 2nd and then 3rd cancer growth removed, and that was in a short time period, I left him at the Vet for a grooming bath after a routine visit of nails and anals because he is huge, hard to lift, and while he was mostly cleaned very well, the event stressed him greatly.  Before the end of summer, he will get to go in the giant baby swimming pool, on a warm day, get washed off, and then sit on the front lawn and watch the world go by, even though he is almost blind now, it is just something he loves.  He is in a positive stand by mode now, as he seems to have rallied a little bit.
I also left Pierre Jr. once because when we bathe him here, we have to muzzle him, and he just hates it.  Because he has so much spit fire, I didn't get too upset about leaving him, and he got a great bath and grooming.  He is always muzzled at the Vet, as was Pierre Sr., the sweetest dog on the planet, but he did have moments.
Jr. is getting incredible.  He is a morning snuggle pup, so conscious of my every move, and nearly by my side all the time.  His fire is smoldering in so many ways, and I can even hold both his front paws at once without him freaking out (he leap frogs on the ottoman in front of me to get my attention, and I play with his paws, he has two paws up and two paws down).  I can almost clean his ears without mega treats, as he knows the benefit of not having waxy ears.  He had horrible ears in the beginning, not so much now.
I humbly apologize for my lack of sending drool and condolences.
Since Jean Paul cannot do stairs very much, I am mostly on the lowest level of the house to keep him company.  The computer is on the highest level of the house, and after last outs, I bring JP around and he bravely manages the 5 stairs into the house, and he still wants his bed outside my room, so he does another 6 step flight.
In my mind, I wish I had a level house, but, this is his only exercise of late, and he is managing it without huge discomfort.  He gets a lot of pills every day, and I hand feed him low residue canned food 2x a day because he has bowel issues.  He is better on the low residue than the home cooking.  I tried the boiled meat and rice.
So, please know I care about all in need.
Healing drool to all,
Jackie and the Gypsy Van Gang